PETER'S GOLF BAG

PETER'S GOLF BAG

Tuesday 23 November 2021

ONE SHOT*

 I've had a bad back for the last few weeks and have been unable to play golf or tennis and even going for walks has been painful.

I finally went to a physiotherapist last week and now feel a lot better. I have another physio appointment this week and hopefully, after another deep tissue massage I should be right.

I was thinking about giving golf a try and might do this next week.

While thinking of it, the idea of hauling along a set of golf clubs, if the back precludes me from swinging, is a bit daunting. I thought about walking the golf course, and looking for golf balls obviously, but carrying a golf club for the odd hit to justify my being on the course.

Which club though?


There are so many variants and in order to play a couple of holes properly I'd need more than one club, surely.


"My name's not Shirley" - an old and corny joke favoured by Richard.

 

This is when I had the brainwave. Eureka! Another of my billion dollar ideas.

What if I invented an adjustable golf club that could telescope in and out and the club head changed depending on the shot to be played - from driver right down to putter? Brilliant!

I got the idea from my expandable hiking pole I use when walking.


Note: This is not a walking stick!

I got excited about this idea but before I told The Old Girl and before I commissioned engineers and applied for a patent I decided to check out the internet.


Bummer!


Some bastard has stolen my idea.


JS GOLF CLUB


How unfair is that?


Maybe I'll see about buying one.






* I've had a Jack Reacher theme running in recent posts.

4 comments:

  1. Don't take this the wrong way, but what about a club with a shaft that you stick up your arse? You'd just have to wiggle your hips to hit the ball. I might patent this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd have to get your finger out to make that work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not up your arse. I can assure you of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not up Robert's either. Even though he seems to want to have sex with me.
    "I love you Richard."

    ReplyDelete

A NEAR MISS

 I got up very early (for me) this morning and headed out to play 9 holes. I was at the golf course just after 6AM at the start of a beautif...